Practicising mental arithmetic can sharpen up your thinking ability by making use of one of the most powerful computers in the world - i.e. the one between your ears!
In order to become a Math Mind Wizard, it is recommended that this application is used as follows:
- Master the multiplication times tables
- Study the Mental Arithmetic Tips
- Practice the Training Exercises
- Take the Math Mind Challenge
Math Mind Challenge - How It Works
- There are 12 levels in the Math Mind Challenge.
- Each set of mental calculations contains 10 questions.
- If all 10 questions are answered correctly, the user can advance to the next level (if not already at level 12).
- If only 9 questions are answered correctly, the user stays at the current level.
- If less than 9 questions are answered correctly, the user goes down one level (if not already at level 1).
- If the application is closed, the current question number and level will be stored until the application is restarted.
Math Mind Challenge - History
This menu option displays the user's progress with the Math Mind Challenge by showing:
- the total number of correct answers at each level,
- the total time spent thinking at each level,
- the date each level was last accessed.
A wide variety of training exercises covering addition, subtraction, multiplication and division are available by choosing from a drop-down list.
Multiplication tables from 2 to 12 are available by choosing from a drop-down list.
Mental Arithmetic Tips
Several useful tips designed to increase mental calculation speed and efficiency are available by choosing from a drop-down list.